I’m a Character! #140conf
It is Saturday and I am on the road to Los Angeles/Hollywood for Jeff Pulver’s 140 Characters Conference with Debra aka @MomsofAmerica.
You might recognize Jeff Pulver as one of the true pioneers of VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocal) and a leader in the emerging TV on the Net Industry. He is also the founder of the #140conf events that provide a platform for the worldwide twitter community to: listen, connect, share and engage with each other, while collectively exploring the effects of the emerging real-time internet on business.
The 140 Characters Conference: Los Angeles will be taking place on October 4th and 5th at theThe Music Box.
Since the launch of the #140conf events, conferences have taken place in: New York City, Los Angeles, London and Tel Aviv. At these events we have explored the effects of twitter on a wide range of topics including: Celebrity, “The Media”, Advertising, Politics, Fashion, Real Estate, Music, Education, Public Safety and Public Diplomacy.
The take aways from this event will provide the attending delegates knowledge, perspectives and insights to the effects the real-time internet will have on both “we” the people, business and society.
From Jeff Pulver:
#140conf LA Delegate Logistics
I am looking forward to seeing you next week at #140conf: Los Angeles.
Since first announcing this conference at the end of March, I have been working more or less non-stop on this event and I appreciate your commitment to be a part of this.
#140conf: Los Angeles will be taking place next week on Oct 4th and 5th at The Henry Ford Music Box Theater at 6126 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA.
What started out as an idea to create/produce and host an event that explored twitter as a platform and the effects of twitter on: Celebrity, The Media, Advertising and Politics has involved into a worldwide gathering of people from multiple industries and where the only thing everyone has in common is that we speak twitter.
The schedule (posted at http://lax.140conf.com/schedule) is more or less the final schedule for the event. While I expect there will be small changes to the schedule, please become familiar with the time specific sessions of interest are taking place.
The panel sessions are scheduled to run 15-20 minutes and the individual talks are mostly 10 and 15 minutes.
While I hope you are attending to take in the content, please make it a point to also spend time networking at the conference. At #140conf, we are known for bringing together people from different backgrounds and facilitating the creation of both friendships and business opportunities. So please make yourself available for networking at the event.
Some on-site logistics:
- Parking is available in the lot next to the theater for $10 a day.
- There will be WiFi at the event.
- Dress code is casual.
- Doors open at 8AM on Monday. This is the first time you will have a chance to pick up your conference badge. You will need to wear the badge at all times to have access to both the conference and the conference party on Monday night.
- Please consider attending: Street Performers United taking place from 6:30 to 8:30 PM on Sunday, October 3rd at 385 N. La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles (One block North of the Beverly Center Mall). Advanced tickets for the benefit cost $20. I am co-sponsoring and hope to see you there on Sunday. More information is available at: http://www.streetperformersunited.com
- Oct 4th Conference Networking event. On the evening of Oct 4th from 7:30 PM to 10PM We are hosting a networking / cocktail party for the 140 Character Conference in the Henry Ford MusicBox Theater. There will be a piano player, drinks, and food.
Social tags: Please tag your tweets at the 140 Characters Conference, #140conf. When writing blog posts and posting photos, please include tag your content: 140Conf.
PLEASE tweet on your way to #140conf, while you are at #140conf and on your return from #140conf. And if you have a blog, I hope you take a moment and share your thoughts about #140conf with your readers.
Thanks for signing up to be part of 140 Characters Conference. Because of YOU, I am about to launch a new event. I look forward to catching up during #140conf.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Best regards, Jeff Pulver